Encompassing change management, project management and structured problem solving, Six Sigma is used in various ways at Maple Leaf: from executing large-scale initiatives such as post-acquisition integrations to solving day-to-day business challenges such as improving line efficiencies within our production facilities.
The Black Belt role is the most common point of entry into Six Sigma at Maple Leaf. Six Sigma Black Belts are full-time change leaders who deliver results by integrating Six Sigma and functional knowledge with an ability to execute. We have a comprehensive Black Belt Certification program to ensure our Black Belts have the training, support and coaching required to advance their careers. Your career path in this function can progress through a number of increasingly challenging roles, which may include:
- Leading initiatives of greater size, risk, complexity, ambiguity and visibility
- Managing business relationship with, and coaching of, senior leaders
- Developing Six Sigma capability in all employees and establishing relationships across all functions
- Assuming accountability for the problem solving quality of a portfolio of Black Belt projects (Director role and above)
- Having the option to directly manage and develop a team of Six Sigma people (Director role and above)
The diversity of work and the pace of learning are truly unique in the Black Belt role. Through affecting change, leading projects and coaching the business, every day brings a different set of challenges and opportunities to grow. Many of our Six Sigma alumni progress their career into the business - from Manufacturing and Supply Chain to Marketing and Sales.
A career within Maple Leaf Six Sigma can be the professional learning experience of a lifetime.
What’s it like at MLF?
Get the inside story from some of our talented, passionate and driven people!
Find your Career
Are you ready to start an exciting career with us? Click on the Maple Leaf Career Centre (to the right) to search for an opportunity and send us your resume and/or search for jobs by visiting our LinkedIn page.LinkedIn Maple Leaf Career Centre
Are you ready to start an exciting career with us? Click on the Maple Leaf Career Centre (to the right) to search for an opportunity and send us your resume and/or search for jobs by visiting our LinkedIn page.